A Global Merchant Bank with Andean Roots
Before joining KIT Capital, our team of principals gained extensive experience advising some of the largest private companies and governmental agencies in the Andean region, including Bancolombia, the Colombian Ministry of Communications, Ecopetrol, PDVSA, the Sindicato Antioqueño, Southern Copper Corporation, Telebrás, and Telefónica while working at Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse First Boston, and the World Bank.
KIT Capital’s founder, K. Dov Isaza Tuzman, played a seminal role as an investor on the Equities Risk Arbitrage desk at Goldman Sachs in the 1990s. Mr. Isaza Tuzman co-managed one of the largest pools of capital dedicated to active public equity investing in Latin America. Before founding KIT Capital, Dov led the implementation of Colombia’s e-government program and was a key figure in the US-based lobby for the transformative “Plan Colombia” initiative. He accompanied President William J. Clinton on the first U.S. presidential mission to Colombia since the Kennedy Administration.
Since its founding in 2001, KIT Capital has achieved numerous successful outcomes for its clients and investors. Some of the company’s notable accomplishments include::
- Successfully taking control of and liquidating 14 third-party venture portfolio investments, resulting in the neutralization of liabilities and the realizing residual asset value of over $30 million
- Taking control of and turning around the struggling subsidiary of a billion-dollar publicly listed marketing and communication firm, subsequently selling it for an 11.3x return to a private market buyer
- Advising an enterprise software firm on its sale to a publicly traded buyer, resulting in a 10x+ return for investors
- Leading a technology start-up from two people and under $300k in annual revenue to nearly $40 million in annual revenue and a successful dual public stock market listing in Toronto and London
- Successfully penetrating blue-chip customers in over 80 national markets in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia for US and European growth equity firms in the technology, media, and business services sectors
- Acquiring a control stake in a $10 million annual revenue, OTC-traded video technology company with 100 employees and leading it through a NASDAQ public offering, reaching $300 million in annualized revenue, over 1,000 employees, and a nearly 300% return during KIT Capital’s leadership tenure
- Realizing a compounded internal rate of return of over 30% per annum from its early-stage investments in software and digital media
- Quadrupling the net asset value of KIT Real Estate’s investments in Latin America and the Middle East